|Our mission statement:
Early Childhood Australia will advocate to ensure quality, social justice and equity in all issues relating to the education and care of children from birth to eight years.
|Our values are:
ECA Values Statements
Click here to view ECA Values Statements
Early Childhood Australia
- The peak national, non-profit, non-government organisation
- Acts in the interests of young children aged from birth to eight years of age
- A knowledge broker linking quality assured early childhood knowledge and information to those who need it
- A leading early childhood publisher
Early Childhood Australia works with...
- Government, Opposition parties, and departments
- early childhood professionals
- parents and grandparents
- other carers of young children
- various peak organisations and lobby groups.
...to secure the best range of options and outcomes for young children as they grow and develop.
Membership of Early Childhood Australia enables you to:
- be a voice for young children
- receive discounted access to our quality assured publications and conferences
- be kept abreast of early childhood news and happenings
- network with others in the field through your local branch
- identify issues and influence policies concerning the care and education of young children
...and it's tax deductible for those working in the field.
Click here to become a member online.
Social justice and equity
are the cornerstones of Early Childhood Australia's advocacy and publications programs...
|As a non-profit, non-partisan organisation,
Early Childhood Australia is in an ideal position to advocate for the best interests of young children and where necessary campaign for change.
|As a leading early childhood publisher,
we aim to identify and promote best practice in early childhood.
Early Childhood Australia does this by:
Early Childhood Australia is the national umbrella organisation for children's services...
Early Childhood Australia sees this task as an opportunity to support the advocacy role of the children's services sector as a whole, without undermining the rights of sector peak organisations to operate and speak independently.
As part of this role, Early Childhood Australia convenes the National Children's Services Forum.
Patron of Early Childhood Australia
Her Excellency Ms Quentin Bryce AC
Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia
For more information:
Click below to read sample articles and find out more about the resources that comprise our publications program:
- Australian Journal of Early Childhood
- Every Child magazine
- Research in Practice Series
- Everyday Learning Series
- ECA Voice newsletter
- ECA WebWatch e-newsletter
To become a voice for young children and receive discounts on quality assured early childhood resources, become a member of Early Childhood Australia.
Contact the National Office
T: 1800 356 900 (freecall within Australia) or +61 2 6242 1800
F: +61 2 6242 1818
ABN: 449 507 677 52