The National Children's Services Forum (NCSF) recognises that advocacy for high quality children's services, which meet the needs of all children and families, is strengthened when the sector as a whole works collaboratively towards this end.
The NCSF is committed to ensuring collaboration which respects and reflects the positions, policies and perspectives of its members.
The NCSF meets three times annually and every two years undertakes a national day of advocacy where the NCSF meets with members of government and opposition parties to raise agreed issues of concern for young children and their families.
- To enable communication between members.
- To respond to issues of common interest and concern to members.
- To promote dialogue with government on an individual and collective basis.
- To promote a broader understanding of children's services and related issues across government and the community.
- To facilitate common action.
- To promote collaborative action amongst members while promoting and protecting the autonomy of member organisations.
The membership of the NCSF includes Early Childhood Australia, which auspices and chairs the NCSF, and national sector-specific peak organisations which, between them, represent all of the specific service types supported through the Federal Government's Children's Services Program.
- Early Childhood Australia (ECA)
The peak national, non-profit organisation which advocates for the best interests of young children aged birth to eight years of age.
- National In-Home Childcare Association (NICA)
The National In-home Childcare Association Inc. is the national peak body for the Commonwealth funded In home child care program in Australia.
- Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA)
- Australian Community Children's Services (ACCS)
Represents non-profit, centre-based long day care services.
- National Association of Mobile Services for Rural and Remote Families and Children (NAMS)
Represents mobile services in rural and remote areas of Australia
- Family Day Care Australia (FDCA)
Represents family day care services
- National Out of School Hours Services Association (NOSHSA)
Represents out of school hours services, including before and after school care, vacation care and pupil free days care.
- Occasional Child Care National Association (OCCA)
Provides support and advocacy for families and occasional child care services training.
- Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care (SNAICC)
Represents a range of Aboriginal child care services.
- Playgroup Australia (PA)
The national peak and administrative body for playgroups in Australia.
- National Association of Multicultural and Ethnic Children's Services (NAMECS)
Advocates on issues affecting NESB children and families.
- National Disability Alliance in Children's Services (NDACS)
The national peak advocacy and lobbying group with regard to children with disabilities in Commonwealth children's services.
For more information about the National Children's Services Forum please contact:
The NCSF Secretariat
T: 1800 356 900 or +61 2 6242 1800