ECA’s vision is that every young child is thriving and learning. Our role in achieving this is to promote the rights and interests of all young children and to support the delivery of high-quality early childhood education and care (ECEC).
ECA has enjoyed a long and celebrated history, commemorating 75 years of continuous advocacy for young children and those who educate and nurture them, work that has only been possible with the support of our members.
Membership of ECA ensures that you are kept informed of the latest practice, research and policy in the sector while also accessing exclusive benefits and discounts. Most importantly, you will be supporting ECA to be a voice for young children. Our membership encompasses service providers across a diversity of service types and governance structure (e.g. private, not-for-profit and public).
Member benefits include:
- yearly subscription to our popular Every Child magazine
- exclusive member alerts
- ECA National Conference and Reconciliation Symposium registration discount
- ECA updates with the latest resources
- exclusive member discounts on selected ECA shop resources
- discounts to sector conferences and events
- opportunities to engage in regional and branch networks
- ECA Voice newsletter subscription
- special discounts on ECA Publications
- discounts to advertise in ECA Publications
- opportunity to join and convene member only networks (including online networks and regional networks)
- membership certificate and sticker (only available to services and organisational membership)
- exclusive member-only webinars and other content from the ECA Learning Hub
- discounts to a growing list of suppliers, plus much more.
Your membership of ECA enhances our capacity to be a strong voice for children. Membership is tax deductible for individuals who work in the sector.
Non-Australia residents can also sign up to ECA membership, additional charges are applied to cover postage of information and resources.
Members also benefit from our strong media profile and policy development capabilities, with opportunities to contribute to the national policy debate and demonstrate a commitment to building the capacity of the early childhood education sector more broadly. We also invite members, who wish to be involved, the opportunity to participate in media stories.
Current offers and discounts
ECA members can access the following offers. Please contact email@example.com for more information and discount codes.
- ECA members can access a reduced rate on QANTAS club membership
- To receive a discount when hiring a car through Hertz Car Hire, members can quote ECA’s corporate discount code when booking online, over the phone or at the counter
- The Hanen Centre offers online seminars with a 20% discount for ECA members. For more information on the seminars click here.
- ECA members can apply for a 30% discount on the Torrens University Master of Education in Early Childhood. For more details contact Course and Career Advisor Alexandra Phillipou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ECA members can save 10% on accommodation bookings with HotelClub.
There are a variety of Early Childhood Australia membership categories to choose from:
Individual ($160) — This membership is for individuals working in the field of early childhood, child protection and early primary plus parents and carers.
Service ($190) — For early childhood education and care centres, preschools, schools, family day care schemes. The primary benefit of this membership is that resources are sent to your service for all staff to access and share and it can be claimed as a business expense. It also gives you access to one discounted member ticket to the ECA National Conference.
Organisation ($340) — For organisational head offices, including government entity, non-government organisations, universities and institutions. The primary benefit of organisation membership is that it demonstrates the commitment of the organisation to advocacy for young children which is a powerful statement. The Membership covers the staff located in the head office only (not the services underneath them). It provides two discounts on events such as the ECA National Conference and we offer discounts on books and services through the year, often only to organisations.
Concession ($52) — Available to full-time students, pensioners, health care cardholders and retirees and the unemployed. Please supply a photocopy of your concession card with purchase.
ECA members are entitled to a discount on the following ECA publications:
- The Research in Practice Series (RIP) is available at a discounted member rate of $57 (normally $70) for a 12 month, four-issue subscription. RIP is a practical, easy-to-read resource, offering effective new approaches for those challenging issues which arise in the care and education of young children. The books are idea-rich, to-the-point and focus on the practical, ‘hands-on’ aspects of early childhood, making them ideally suited to early childhood educators.
- The Australasian Journal of Early Childhood (AJEC) is available at a discounted member rate of $78 (normally $90) for a 12 month, four-issue subscription. AJEC offers research-based articles that are designed to impart new information and encourage the critical exchange of ideas among early childhood practitioners, academics and students.
- The Everyday Learning Series (EDL) is available at a discounted member rate of $52 (normally $65) for a 12 month, 4-issue subscription. Aimed at carers and parents of young children, this popular subscription draws upon the endless possibilities offered by everyday experiences and provides wonderful simple, creative ideas about how to create positive learning environments for young children and enhance their interactions with the world around them.
Do you need a gift for the person who has everything, or wish to thank a colleague? An ECA membership is the perfect gift!
You will both be contributing to ECA’s advocacy work in supporting high-quality experiences for young children and those who care for them.
Simply download, fill out and return the ECA gift membership form 2014.
If you have received a renewal notification from ECA, or wish to renew or extend your membership please click here to login in to your account online. If you do not know your log in details please follow the prompts or call ECA on 1800 356 900. You can also update your details on your account once logged in.
Thank you for your continued support of ECA.