Early Childhood Australia (ECA) is a national organisation known and respected for the quality and impact of its leadership, advocacy and resourcing on behalf of young children aged between birth and eight years of age. We are currently seeking to fill a number of positions in the ECA National Office, based in Canberra, and various other positions located across Australia.
ECA is committed to equal employment opportunities and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as people with a disability.
1. beyondblue National Education Initiative (bbNEI) Consultant (Melbourne)
ECA is the national peak body for the early childhood sector with the largest membership amongst both organisations and individuals working with young children in Australia. beyondblue has been selected as the provider of the new Mental Health in Education program which will be launched in mid-2018 to support mentally healthy educational environments across Australia. This framework will be developed in collaboration with beyondblue National Education Program (bbNEI) implementation partners (ECA and headspace).
We are seeking to appoint a Consultant reporting to the State Manager based in Preston, Melbourne. The Consultant will work within the bbNEI team guide and support early childhood services and schools in the implementation of the bbNEI.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Promoting the mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention elements.
- Undertaking strategic analysis to identify prospective early learning services.
- Online mentoring and support for early childhood services/ schools to implement the bbNEI
- Data collection and quality assurance
- Work to deliverables and priorities as identified
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures as defined within the bbNEI and relevant ECA policies, guidance and work plans.
- Collaboration, relationships and connecting
- Be aware of developments in early childhood and mental health sectors
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge
- Establish links between bbNEI and the National Quality Standard
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record in training mentoring for early leaning services with some knowledge of mental health promotion and prevention. Early Childhood Australia is seeking a person with in depth knowledge of the early childhood education and care sector. You will possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative, adopt a team-focus and be committed to meeting project deliverables.
ECA is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.