About the NQS PLP
The National Quality Standard Professional Learning Program (NQS PLP) is a Commonwealth of Australia initiative developed and implemented by Early Childhood Australia in 2011–2012.
The NQS PLP is an expansion of the Commonwealth of Australia-funded Early Years Learning Framework Professional Learning Program (EYLF PLP) to incorporate the National Quality Standard (NQS). The aim is to support early childhood educators to further embed the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) in their daily practice as a key element in achieving the NQS.
The NQS PLP will assist the early childhood education and care community through:
- an online interactive Forum available to educators and early childhood professionals across early education and care settings
- an online fortnightly e-Newsletter that connects the NQS to practice
- a series of online e-Learning Videos focused on aspects of the NQS and EYLF: the Talking about practice series
- a series of short NQS and EYLF professional learning vignettes: the Connecting with practice series
- a vibrant social media community on Facebook, Twitter and other online platforms, supported by discussions around thought-provoking articles (What do you think?), reflections on practice (Thinking about practice) and snippets of practice videos (Observing practice series and Have you thought about … ? series)
- free articles from ECA publications and other supporting resources.