Call for Expression of Interest
AJEC Editorial Assistant
Open to PhD Candidates and Early Career Researchers from within Australia and New Zealand
Early Childhood Australia (ECA) is seeking Expressions of Interest for an Editorial Assistant for the Australasian Journal of Early Childhood (AJEC). The position will require the selected candidate to provide support to the editor, including compliance checking papers, managing workflow in an online manuscript management system, communicating with authors and peer reviewers by email, and scheduling meetings. The Editorial Assistant will join the AJEC Editorial Executive and Committee. The Editorial Assistant will be appointed for a three-year term. Following completion of the term, the Editorial Assistant will have the option of continuing as an ordinary Committee member.
- Currently enrolled in an approved PhD program at a university in Australia or New Zealand, or employed at a university in Australia or New Zealand and within five years of PhD completion.
- Experience and/or expertise in a relevant field of early childhood, including education, developmental psychology, community, and/or health services.
- Demonstrated ability to complete set work tasks to deadline.
- Capacity to attend and participate in Editorial Executive meetings (60 minutes, fortnightly) and Committee meetings (90 minutes, every two months).
- Experience with online manuscript submissions.
- Commitment to working with colleagues with diverse areas of expertise.
Desirable qualities include:
- Knowledge of ECA as an organisation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Commitment to improving processes.
Please note: This is a voluntary position.
Applications must include: A curriculum vitae and cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th September 2021