Do you want to buy ECA publications? click here to visit our Online Shop >>
Early Childhood Australia is backed by over 50 years of producing innovative and essential early childhood material. We have dedicated team of editors and designers who are passionate about their work and can guarantee the excellence and usefulness of our publications. All publications are quality assured, up to date and written by experienced early childhood professionals.
The ECA publications team is committed to …
- advocacy and education by producing quality-assured, information resources and practice tools through the provision of high-quality publications
- publishing resources that support those who are responsible for the development, education and care of young children
- publications that are affordable, accessible, relevant and support ECA’s advocacy work
- draw and reflect on the national views and issues, including our strong commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families, ethical practice and social justice.
As well as producing our own publications, we quality-assure and on sell a variety of early childhood education and care books and resources. The ECA shop offers an extensive range of resources for early childhood practitioners, carers and parents.
Early Childhood Australia assesses books by its quality-assurance guidelines to ensure that all books promote best practice and disseminate high-quality information in the early childhood field.
The ECA publishing team also offer and design, editing and publishing service through our ECA Studio. We pride ourselves on offering professional, personalised, affordable service.
The experienced team at ECA has proven expertise in all aspects of pre-production work and publishing project management including copy editing, logo development and corporate branding, creative, professional graphic design, management of printing and complete publishing project management.
ECA Publications Committee
The role of the Publications Committee
The Early Childhood Australia Publications Committee:
- ensures that the Early Childhood Australia publications program meets its advocacy mandate: to publish resources that support those who are responsible for the growth and development of young children
- ensures that books published by Early Childhood Australia are relevant and of the highest quality
- oversees the Quality Assurance guarantee that underwrites Early Childhood Australia’s publications program, including:
- the peer review process applied to Early Childhood Australia publications and other resources
- the review and approval of publications that are on-sold by Early Childhood Australia.
Publications Committee Members
|Fay Hadley (chairperson)||Lecturer, Institute of Early Childhood, Macquarie University|
|Professor Alison Elliott||Research Director, Early Childhood program, Australian Council for Educational Research. Editor of Every Child magazine.|
|Carmel Richardson||Division of Communication and Education, University of Canberra. Early childhood educator and researcher.|
|Judy Radich||Early childhood educator, Cooloon Children’s Centre.|
|Dr Lennie Barblett||Senior Lecturer, Edith Cowan University. Editor of Australasian Journal of Early Childhood.|
|Jackie Brien||Manager, Disabilities and Additional Needs Unit, Child Learner and Family Branch, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. Deputy Editor of Every Child magazine.|
The criteria that apply to publications recommended for on-selling by Early Childhood Australia cover:
- quality and presentation of publication
- accuracy of information
- relevancy to Early Childhood Australia
- acknowledgement of multidimensional perspectives
- inclusiveness, diversity, equity and justice
- background of author
- referencing (if appropriate)
- readability for its intended audience.
T: +61 2 6242 1800
F: +61 2 6242 1818