Every Child – Vol.18 No.2 2012- Planning and Programming
The National Quality Standards (NQS) for ECEC settings have made a big impact on this sector. This issue of Every Childgoes into the NQS in depth … including responses to the requirement for assessment of children’s learning, working in partnership with ECEC staff and educators, planning for quality improvement, how to involve families in the NQS, and a parent’s perspective on the process. We also look at young children’s learning, teaching Indigenous children about their culture, interview Pam Cahir (outgoing CEO of Early Childhood Australia), and discussion the new national qualification requirements for early childhood workers.
Other topics covered include:
- Inquiry-based learning
- Collaborative endeavours in early childhood
- Negotiating children’s experiences with families
- Cultural competence, working towards Reconciliation
- Developing an inclusive pretend play policy
- Infants engaging in ‘pedagogical playfulness’
- Supporting the siblings of seriously ill children
- Managing food allergies
Click here to purchase your copy today!