Every Child – Vol.19 No.2 2013 – Reconciliation, recognition and respect
In this issue of Every Child the focus is on reconciliation. Reconciliation can be recognised in a number of ways and can be a part of any early childhood service, regardless of whether Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children are enrolled. This issue of Every Child contains many sources of information and resources that can help you on your reconciliation journey.
Jenni Connor discusses ‘instruction’ in early childhood and the E4Kids longitudinal study, while Deborah Harcourt delves into children’s rights education. An article of reflection by Shelley Forbes provides insight into the National Quality Framework assessment and rating process from the Alice Springs Child Care Centre.
Also included in this issue are the following articles:
- Helping young children cope with natural disasters
- Bush kinder journey: Westgarth Bush Kinder Pilot program
- An early years Indigenous cultural journey in Camberwell
- The refugee experience for young children and supporting recovery from trauma
- The Early Years Learning Framework in remote Australia
- A positive story of the National Quality Framework
- Better beginnings: Family literacy program
- Reflecting on Australian history with The Rabbits.
Click here to purchase your copy today!