Every Child – Vol.20 No.1 2014 – Supporting best practice
This issue of Every Child contains a variety of articles that recognise and support best practice in early childhood. For the guest statement, the Hon Sussan Ley discusses the work of the government and the future of the early childhood sector.
Australia’s National Children’s Commissioner, Megan Mitchell, provides an update of the work she has been conducting over the past 12 months and Kerryn Jones, who won a SA Public Teaching Award, discusses implementing changes in a service and how to involve the community. Sustainability is an increasingly popular topic for early childhood services and Sue Elliott talks about the importance of embedding sustainability in early childhood education. Additionally, a thought provoking article from Margaret Brooks looks at art for children and how it is more than just ‘paintings on a wall’.
The following articles are also included in this issue:
- The National Quality Framework and early childhood intervention
- The importance of touch
- AEDI: From research to policy
- Challenges to play in Queensland Prep classrooms
- Becoming culturally competent
- Technology as a business tool in children’s services
- Transitions—School-based kindergarten in Western Australia
- The nitty gritty of head lice.
You can purchase this issue of Every Child magazine now.