Active outdoor play
Author: Helen Little
ECA Product code: EDL1902
The outdoor environment provides children the space and freedom for large and loud movement play, through which they gain a wide range of gross and fine motor skills. At a time when children are spending so many hours indoors, most are not getting the recommended daily levels of physical activity and many are not mastering core gross motor skills.
This Everyday Learning Series title explores:
- issues linked with lack of opportunities for play outdoors
- the benefits of outdoor active play
- physical characteristics of the environment
- resources that support physically active play
- the importance of adult engagement in children’s active outdoor play.
The book also outlines the health and learning benefits of active outdoor play. It will provide educators with knowledge and ideas about outdoor environments and experiences to encourage children to step outside and be active.
Click here to purchase this title.
To buy a subscription to the series online, please click here.