The Early Years Learning Framework: Essential reading for the National Quality Standard
Author(s): Sandra Cheeseman, Marianne Fenech and the staff at Tigger’s Honeypot Childcare Centre
ECA Code: RIP 1202
This edition of the Research in Practice Series will help guide educators to link the philosophies of theEarly Years Learning Framework to the requirements of the recently released National Quality Standard. The new national standards require educators to show evidence of their practice and philosophies, and has been developed based on the core ideas of the EYLF (Belonging, Being and Becoming). As such, the EYLF is an excellent way to approach the new NQS.
The Early Years Learning Framework: Essential reading for the National Quality Standard outlines each of the seven NQS Quality Areas:
- Quality Area 1: Educational program and practice
- Quality Area 2: Children’s health and safety
- Quality Area 3: Physical environment
- Quality Area 4: Staffing arrangements
- Quality Area 5: Relationships with children
- Quality Area 6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Quality Area 7: Leadership and service management.