Welcome to the Digital Business Kit for Early Childhood
NEW: Have your say on young children and technology
Help ECA develop a Statement on young children and digital technology use. The survey will help us develop a Statement that provides educators, carers, sector leaders and families of young children with guidance about good practices and ways to use technology safely and well for young children’s wellbeing, education and development. Click here for more on the Statement.
Getting up to speed with the digital age
The way that families, children, communities and businesses connect to each other has changed dramatically over the previous five to ten years. New tools, new technologies and faster broadband speeds bring greater capacity. That means more capacity and higher expectations of early childhood education and care services too. Early Childhood Australia’s free Digital Business Kit developed with federal funding is available to June. As one educator said, use it to stay on ‘the technology journey’. Start the journey now by clicking here for the Modules and videos. Or read on and explore links on this page and the navigation bar on the left.
New technologies and how to make the most of them are everyone’s business in early childhood. That’s where ECA’s Digital Business Kit and website comes in. Bookmark this site to return for updates and resources.
Three ways to get up to speed
- The Digital Business Kit is a series of online modules, downloadable PDFs and videos. Topics range from business tips and technology planning in early childhood services through to using websites, social media and videoconferencing to better engage with families, colleagues and professional development. Learn more about the Digital Business Kit by clicking links to The Modules or The Videos in the navigation bar on the left.
- Updates and blog posts on ECA’s Digital Business website will keep an eye on what’s happening. Visit What’s new in digital business for news, links, resources and research. That’s where to find the latest modules and videos as they come online too. At Digichild find blogs, including guest blogs from educators and other experts, on technology in early childhood. Click links in the navigation bar at the left for more. Live Wires online has some resources and we hope to develop more in 2016. Watch out for the next Live Wires Magazine free with Every Child Issue 15 print magazine another resource
- Share stories and tips. Learn from others or tell your story whether it is a business improvement, a professional development experience or a technology collaboration with children:
- Twitter @EarlyChildAust, #digibiz or #digichild,
- find us on Facebook
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step up to the Technology Speed Dating Hub at the ECA Conference Seasons of Change September 2014. Informal, practitioner-lead, small groups for short, sharp exchanges on technology and education.
Have your say
Take the survey on the Digital Business Kit by clicking this link. It’s your chance to tell ECA what you think, what you need for the next phase of your technology journey. We will use it to report to the government about its strategies and what the early childhood sector needs.
Stay in touch
You may be a beginner, you may know a little but want to learn more, or you may be leading the way. Keep visiting this site to stay posted and keep others posted on how the sector is using digital technology.