Online professional learning
Under the Outside School House Care Quality Development Program (OSHC QDP), the Early Childhood Australia Learning Hub has developed a range of resources for OSHC educators working within New South Wales Out Of School Hours Care services.
The OSHC QDP will include a number of targeted modules, webinars and video presentations across the National Quality Standard Quality Areas.
The online professional learning topics will include:
- An introduction to the National Quality Framework – Educators will be introduced to the National Quality Framework and its multiple components to ensure they understand the core compliance and quality documents that underpins their work in OSHC.
- Program planning in OSHC – OSHC educators will deepen their understanding of planning requirements in OSHC, as well as engage in critical reflection to design educational programs that align with the approved learning framework, are child-centred and intentional and based on play and leisure.
- My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia – A comprehensive module that unpacks the key elements of the nationally approved learning framework ‘My Time, Our Place’.
- Active Supervision of children – A reflective video presentation that can be worked through individually or in a team outlining effective supervision of children and practical strategies in both small and large OSHC settings.
- OSHC Environments – A collection of videos showcasing a range of OSHC environments across NSW.
- Supporting children to become environmentally responsible – A practical module which unpacks ways that services can support school aged children to care for their environment and become environmentally responsible.
- Being an OSHC professional – Catharine Hydon guides educators through a reflective webinar that advocates for the role of an OSHC educator and helps shape their professional identity using professional standards.
- Self-regulation with children 5-12 years – In this webinar with Beth Macgregor, learn how to re-frame OSHC educators approach to working with children and responding to individual behaviour needs.
- Supporting Children to develop conflict resolution skills – This webinar with Beth Macgregor looks at how educators can use moments of conflict as opportunities to support children to develop conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Engaging and building relationships with the local community – explore ways that OSHC services can engage and build relationships with their local community
- Developing and Maintaining Quality Improvement Plans for OSHC – In this module Luke Touhill helps educators understand the legal requirements of a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and how to create a useful QIP. It provides advice and examples on how a QIP can support OSHC settings to assess their current performance, recognise what they do well, and plan effectively for future improvements.
OSHC Quality Development Program Entry Survey
Before commencing the OSHC QDP online professional learning please complete the below survey. Completion of this survey will assist in evaluating the program and ensuring we are meeting the ongoing professional learning and support needs of OSHC services in NSW.
Register for the OSHC Quality Development Program