In this Webinar, Jenni Connor explores practical ways of building children’s maths and numeracy understandings through play-based programs. It informs educational leaders about how to guide staff in creating environments for learning numeracy and responding to children’s play in intentional ways.
The webinar includes:
- Definitions of maths and numeracy
- Information about young children as maths and numeracy learners
- Explanation about maths and numeracy in the Early Years Learning Framework
- Discussion about key ideas in maths and numeracy
- Investigation about where these ideas might be encountered in everyday play-based programs
- Discussion about the role of the educator
You will also receive the slides from this presentation and a list of resources referenced throughout the webinar.
Jenni Connor has been an early childhood teacher and regional superintendent, a primary school principal and a curriculum writer. Jenni lectured in Early Education and Care at the University of Tasmania and was involved in the development of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Australian Curriculum (AC).