Technology can mean different things to different people, with its definition often derived from who you are and where you’re from. What is understood by most though, is that technology should be active, engaging and have a purpose. For educators and parents, technology can be thought of as just another tool which can be used to enhance how we work with children. Devices such as tablets, mobile phones, computers and interactive smartboards now increase the potential for children to design and create for specific purposes. This can be seen as an opportunity for opening up new doors and possibilities for children, allowing them to become masters of their own learning.
This book is designed to help you understand:
- what technology is and the devices and applications associated with its use
- privacy protection of images and information, and the ethical use of social media
- the difference between children as creators and consumers when using technology
- the benefits of digital documentation
- how the internet and sites such as Google and YouTube can become valuable learning resources for educators and parents.
Also available in e-version here.