The early years of a child’s life are especially important, and the quality of those experiences set the scene for the future. The National Quality Standard outlines through Quality Area 5: Relationships with children, the need for educators to develop and maintain respectful and equitable relationships with each child. These relationships are brought about by educators and children forming trusting and reciprocal bonds where each child feels secure and included.
This book gives practical advice on:
- the importance of attachment for children’s emotional wellbeing
- implications for early years educators and the need for a primary caregiver system in group settings
- details of the role of a primary caregiver for children and their families
- dealing with uncertainty about how the primary caregiver system should work
- how managers can support educators in their primary caregiver role.