Join expert Emma Pierce (Early Childhood Intervention Australia—NSW/ACT) for a practical and positive exploration of how to support the transition to school for children with disabilities and developmental delays.
- using a community-wide approach to transition to school
- potential roles and responsibilities for ECEC services
- case studies linked to the EYLF and NQS.
Emma provides tips and strategies around:
- making the most of partnerships with families and other professionals
- sharing information with the child’s new school
- preparing children for school in meaningful ways
- using the practical downloadable tools from ECIA NSW/ACT’s Transition to School Resource.
Emma Pierce has worked with children with disabilities, their families and service providers for the last 17 years. Emma has worked in a range of early childhood intervention roles, including as a manager, trans-disciplinary practitioner, teacher and trainer in Australia and the UK. Emma is the main author of the Transition to School Resource website produced by Early Childhood Intervention Australia (NSW/ACT): http://www.transitiontoschoolresource.org.au/.