Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) can be hard to include in a mainstream classroom, and learning to manage their behaviour is an important step in being able to include them.
Drawing directly from personal experience, this book suggests ways to improve behaviour of children with ADHD both in the classroom and at home.
This book includes topics such as:
- ways to channel children’s positive characteristics
- what the children themselves think of their behaviour
- what teachers can do to promote positive behaviour
- how teachers can support and guide parents
- how to work collaboratively and build partnerships with other professionals
Understanding and supporting children with ADHD will help you understand the day-to-day reality of living with ADHD, and offers guidance for effectively managing children’s behaviour.