A smooth transition into school plays a vital role in setting children up to engage confidently with school learning and to achieve positive academic and social outcomes.
This guide for parents has been developed to help children feel relaxed about this new adventure in a child’s life. The beautifully designed resource is written by internationally recognised early childhood educators and has carried the endorsement of the Australian Primary Principals Association (APPA) for the past five years.
It is an easy-to-read book full of tips and practical advice including:
- Building a child’s capacity for school
- Learning through play
- Dispositions for learning
- The Australian Curriculum and early learning
- Emotional wellbeing and social skills
- English and literacy in the first years
- Numeracy at home and at school
- Understanding children’s behaviour
- Working with your child’s school