Branches are an integral part of Early Childhood Australia; they help identify issues and priorities for state and national action, and influence policies concerning young children.
The Tasmania Branch of Early Childhood Australia is the peak organisation in Tasmania which is a voice for young children from birth to 8 years of age.
The Tasmania Branch is also a great source of professional support for members, with great networking opportunities.
|Vice President||Kathryn Laing|
|National Board Director||Kellie Watson|
|Public Officer||Kate Whitbread|
t: 03 6225 3954
PO Box 306
Please check back soon for upcoming events in 2018.
The ECA Tas branch publishes a quarterly newsletter which goes to ECA Tasmanian members, developed by our newsletter subcommittee. Click below to view previous newsletters:
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: July 2017
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: December 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: April 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: January 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: July 2015
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: April 2015
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: December 2014
Statewide meetings commence at 10.30 am and generally finish at around 3.00 pm. Lunch is available for purchase and guest speakers form an integral part of the agenda.
- State-wide Meeting Thursday 28 June 2018 10:00am-3:00pm at the Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania, Sandy Bay, Hobart.
- State-wide Meeting & AGM Thursday 23 August 2018 AGM 10:00-11:00am & Meeting 11:00am – 3:00pm at the Punchbowl Christian Centre , 100 Punchbowl Road, Launceston
- State-wide Meeting Thursday 15 November 2018 10:00am-3:00pm at the Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania, Sandy Bay, Hobart.
Regional Meetings are held approximately four (4) times a year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on dates and times in your region.
Executive Committee meetings are facilitated regularly. Working groups are formed to lead projects relevant to the Education and Care Sector.
Reconciliation Action Plan
Click here to download the ECA Tas branch 2014-2015 Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter December 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter October 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter June 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter July 2015
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter May 2015
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter 2014
ECA Tasmania Branch Fact Sheet in response to Tasmanian Government’s proposal to lower the school starting age
RTO Guiding Principles for Support
As the peak organisation for education and care in Tasmania, Early Childhood Australia – Tasmania Branch is a key stakeholder in respect of organisations/agencies seeking a range of opportunities to engage with or gain endorsement from the Branch.
This has increased in recent times with external agencies/organisations seeking support from ECA to be identified as a supporter for tenders and funding grants.
For organisations/agencies seeking to engage with ECA Tasmania, please refer to this document.
The Early Childhood Education and Care and School Aged Care Skills Plan 2012 -2016 has been developed by Early Childhood Australia Tasmania Branch (ECA Tasmania) on behalf of all Tasmanian early childhood education and care (ECEC) and school aged care (SAC) services. The Skills Plan gives all services a fantastic opportunity to work collaboratively with Registered Training Oorganisations through a Training and Development Roundtable to identify training gaps and to ensure the delivery of quality skill development opportunities, which will assist ECEC and SAC services to meet the staffing and qualification requirements of the National Quality Reform Agenda (NQA) by 2014.
All resources and support materials that are associated with work being undertaken as part of the Skills Plan can be found on the Skills Plan Website.