Branches are an integral part of Early Childhood Australia; they help identify issues and priorities for state and national action, and influence policies concerning young children.
The Tasmania Branch of Early Childhood Australia is the peak organisation in Tasmania which is a voice for young children from birth to 8 years of age.
The Tasmania Branch is also a great source of professional support for members, with great networking opportunities.
|Vice President||Kathryn Laing|
|National Board Director||Kellie Watson|
|Public Officer||Kate Whitbread|
t: 03 6225 3954
m: 0417 324 005
PO Box 306
Please check back soon for upcoming events in 2019.
The ECA Tas branch publishes a quarterly newsletter which goes to ECA Tasmanian members, developed by our newsletter subcommittee. Click below to view previous newsletters:
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: August 2018
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: July 2017
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: December 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: April 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: January 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: July 2015
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: April 2015
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: December 2014
Statewide meetings commence at 10.30 am and generally finish at around 3.00 pm. Lunch is available for purchase and guest speakers form an integral part of the agenda.
- Punchbowl Centre Launceston Thursday 04 April 2019
- Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania Hobart Thursday 13 June 2019
- Punchbowl Centre Launceston (AGM) Thursday 29 August 2019
- Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania Hobart Thursday 21 November 2019
Regional Meetings are held approximately four (4) times a year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on dates and times in your region.
Executive Committee meetings are facilitated regularly. Working groups are formed to lead projects relevant to the Education and Care Sector.
Reconciliation Action Plan
Click here to download the ECA Tas branch 2014-2015 Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter December 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter October 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter June 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter July 2015
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter May 2015
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter 2014
ECA Tasmania Branch Fact Sheet in response to Tasmanian Government’s proposal to lower the school starting age
Early Years and School Age Care (EYSAC) Workforce Plan
Early Childhood Australia, Tasmania Branch is committed to supporting the development of a professional, proficient, and agile early years (EY) and school age care (SAC) workforce that will drive improved education and care outcomes for Tasmanian children aged birth to 8 years.
The Early Years (EY) & School Age Care (SAC) Sectors Workforce Plan for Tasmania 2017-2020) is a 4-year, ECA Tasmania Branch led, initiative that is delivering a range of sustainable and timely solutions to complex workforce issues across the state. It builds on the achievements of the previous Early Childhood Education and Care and School Aged Care Skills Plan 2012 -2016 and is funded for its first year by Education and Care Unit, Tasmanian Department of Education.
Central to the EYSAC Workforce Plan is an Innovation Network, which collaboratively informs the activation of enterprises, responsive to contemporary sector needs and priorities. Additionally, stage 1 of the EYSAC online workforce HUB is currently under development. When live, towards the end of 2018, the HUB will progressively house a range of workforce development initiatives and also act as a point of professional connection.
All EYSAC initiatives are facilitated by the Project Manager, who occupies a critical position in ensuring the plan is effectively operationalised. The Project Manager can be contacted at Kellie.email@example.com