COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By taking part in this promotion you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their families) of Early Childhood Australia (ECA) are ineligible to enter.
- Entries close at midnight (AWST) on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter you must, during the Promotional Period, correctly complete the response within the survey form for the Survey and Promotion, “Early Childhood Australia Professional Learning Needs Analysis” survey housed on the Survey Monkey website (Website), and answer the question, “In 100 words or less, tell us about your best professional learning experience.”
- ECA has the sole right to determine valid entries.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be invalid.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, ECA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). The judge/s’ decision will use the following criteria
- Provides insight into what makes a good professional learning experience
- Articulate & clear
- Appropriate for use in social media
- The judging will commence following the closing date. The judge/s may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. Winners will be notified by email within 7 working days.
- The decision of ECA is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will be as follows:
First Prize: Modern Teaching Aids Surfloor – Sensory Liquid Floor Tiles – Set of 6 (Value of $299)
Second prize: Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics Pack (Value of $164): Ethics in Action: A practical guide to implementing the ECA Code of Ethics, Code of Ethics poster, Working with the ECA code of ethics Learning Hub module & Acting Ethically: Exploring the ECA Code of Ethics Learning Hub webinar.
Four (4) third prizes: $30 Early Childhood Australia Shop gift certificates.
- If for any reason a winner does not claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by ECA, then the prize will be forfeited.
- ECA, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- You agree that your entry is your own work, and that ECA has a licence to reproduce it for the purpose of publicising the results of the competition, and promoting the learning experience referred to. ECA may remove or decline to publish any answer without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- You warrant that:
(a) you will not submit any answer in breach of any laws relating to intellectual property, privacy, defamation, obscenity, sexual abuse, or which is harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) your answer shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity.
- You consent to ECA using your name, and promotional response (response to the question, “In 100 words or less, tell us about your best professional learning experience.”) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by ECA.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, ECA (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- ECA is the Early Childhood Association (“ECA”).