Developing a happy, healthy and sustainable early childhood workplace
Early childhood workplaces are unique. They are designed with children and families in mind but may not necessarily focus on those who actually work there. A conscious effort needs to be made to design or adapt workplaces so they also support educators, staff, leaders and their practice.
This Everyday Learning Series title explores:
- why it is important to make early childhood workplaces happy, healthy and sustainable
- the features of a positive work environment
- what research shows about the quality of early childhood workplaces
- who is responsible for developing and maintaining positive workplaces
- approaches to achieving happy, healthy and sustainable work environments.
The book also contains case studies, prompts for reflection and ideas for supporting and maintaining improvements to early childhood work environments.