Writing for the Research in Practice Series …
ECA accepts unsolicited manuscripts for consideration for its regular publications. The Publications Advisory Committee invites high-quality contributions on all aspects of the education and care of young children from birth to eight years.
Given the multidisciplinary nature of the early childhood sector, ECA welcomes submissions from a variety of perspectives. The main criterion is to provide a contemporary and informative contribution to the sector.
Interested authors should look closely at the guidelines for contributors and seek further information on the preparation of manuscripts from the ECA Publications and Studio team.
Please read the Author Guidelines below for more information: Research in Practice Series Author Guidelines.
Expressions of Interest
ECA is currently inviting expressions of interest (EOI) on two topics:
- Funds of knowledge as a pedagogic tool
- Documentation, assessment and evaluation
Here’s more information about these topics and how to submit an EOI. Last day for submission is Friday 12 March 2021 (COB).
The review process
All manuscripts submitted to ECA undergo a blind review, which is conducted by experienced early childhood professionals, before being accepted for publication. Please note that this does not mean all submissions are guaranteed publication.
Every resource must:
- be in the best interests of children
- be evidence-based
- be appropriate for the market
- have broad application
- be culturally inclusive
- use accessible language—it should avoid jargon and not be patronising
- demonstrate a balanced approach
- be related to current issues
- address the appropriate age range
- be attractively designed and presented
- clearly acknowledge any commercial interests and/or biases.
Please contact the ECA Publications and Studio team if you have any questions or queries:
T: 1800 356 900 (free call within Australia)
T: +61 2 6242 1800
F: +61 2 6242 1818