Committees are an integral part of Early Childhood Australia; they help identify issues and priorities for state and national action, and influence policies concerning young children.
The Tasmania committee of Early Childhood Australia is the peak organisation in Tasmania which is a voice for young children from birth to 8 years of age.
The Tasmania Branch is also a great source of professional support for members, with great networking opportunities.
|Vice President||Annette Barwick|
|National Board Director||Trevor Brown|
|Public Officer||Kate Whitbread|
- Mel Reid-Prewer
- Fiona Morley
- Jo Walsh
- Kellie Watson
- Ben Kikkert
- Sebastian Tuttle
PO Box 306
Please check back soon for upcoming events in 2022.
The ECA Tas branch publishes a quarterly newsletter that goes to ECA Tasmanian members, developed by our newsletter subcommittee. Click below to view previous newsletters:
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: May 2022
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: October 2021 (ECA Vaccination position statement)
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: August 2021
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: March 2021
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: August 2019
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: August 2018
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: July 2017
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: December 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: April 2016
- ECA Tas Branch newsletter: January 2016
Statewide meetings commence at 10.30 am and generally finish at around 3.00 pm. Lunch is available for purchase and guest speakers form an integral part of the agenda.
Regional Meetings are held approximately four (4) times a year. Email email@example.com for further information on dates and times in your region.
Executive Committee meetings are facilitated regularly. Working groups are formed to lead projects relevant to the Education and Care Sector.
Reconciliation Action Plan
Click here to download the ECA Tas branch 2014-2015 Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter December 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter October 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter June 2017
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter July 2015
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter May 2015
- Reconciliation Action Plan newsletter 2014
ECA Tasmania Branch Fact Sheet in response to Tasmanian Government’s proposal to lower the school starting age
Early Years and School Age Care (EYSAC) Workforce Plan
Early Childhood Australia, Tasmania Branch is committed to supporting the development of a professional, proficient, and agile early years (EY) and school age care (SAC) workforce that will drive improved education and care outcomes for Tasmanian children aged birth to 8 years.
The Early Years (EY) & School Age Care (SAC) Sectors Workforce Plan for Tasmania 2017-2020 is a 4-year, ECA Tasmania Branch led, initiative that is delivering a range of sustainable and timely solutions to complex workforce issues across the state. It builds on the achievements of the previous Early Childhood Education and Care and School Aged Care Skills Plan 2012 -2016 and is funded for its first and second year by Education and Care Unit, Tasmanian Department of Education.
The EYSAC Online Hub including an Employment Register can be accessed here.
All EYSAC initiatives are facilitated by the Project Manager, who occupies a critical position in ensuring the plan is effectively operationalised. The Project Manager can be contacted at Kellie.firstname.lastname@example.org